Can't connect QSI camera

Hello…

In the past (6 years ago) I had been imaging with Maxim DL5 and a QSI 583wsg camera. I recently decided to start imaging again but I am trying out SGP. My imaging laptop had also not been touched since 2014, so I ran all the windows 7 updates, updated Ascom, installed SGP, and uninstalled and reinstalled the QSI driver package (1.0.0.5). I am also trying autofocus for the first time… but first things first.

I cannot connect or configure the QSI camera. The QSI camera 2 option seems like it should be the one to work, but if I try to connect, I get a Error connecting to cam message. If I click the configure (wrench) button, an ascom dialog comes up saying it is searching for cameras, but almost instantly pops up a message saying “ascom ascom.qsi server has stopped working” and I am forced to quit the ascom.qsi program/window. Then of course I get another error from SGP related to the fact that ascom.qsi is not running. I am running the latest ascom, QSI, and SGP. I’ll try some older drivers again, but I couldn’t seem to connect to the cam with those either, which is why I updated.

Note that I can connect with the cam in Maxim DL, using, I assume, the Maxim driver from QSI.

ideas?

Thanks

-David

I just installed the 1.0.0.3 legacy drivers, and now it looks to be working properly (so far)

-David

Seems like since QSI was bought out by Atik, their latest drivers have been nothing but problems. Atik don’t even write good drivers for their own Atik cameras as well.

I had no idea… I’ve been away from this for so long.

Initially, QSI released updated ASCOM drivers v1.0.0.3 for general use and v1.0.0.4 for the special version of SGPro bundled with the new QSI cameras. Recently they released v1.0.0.5 as their latest ASCOM driver package. I have tested v1.0.0.5 extensively and I have found it to be highly reliable with no known issues.

Charlie

I can also confirm this.

well, there is now one known issue :). That is that ascom.qsi in 1.0.0.5 will crash every time it starts on my machine. 1.0.0.3 seems to work, at least at first glance… I have yet to run a full session with it. Hopefully this week I will be able to do that, if the weather (and the rest of the equipment) cooperates.

-David

I agree there seems to be an issue with QSI drivers. I’m new to SGP, first camera I connected to it was an Atik 460. It seemed easy to connect, but I thought I had trouble with the cooler - I’d select a temperature, I’d see the power increase to 100%, but the indicated temperature would not reduce. I now realise this seems to be a separate and recurring issue with SGP. But I thought I’d try my QSI 532 camera to see if the problem persisted. Downloaded the latest drivers (1.0.0.5), and the camera refused to connect - varying errors. I found this thread, deleted 1.0.0.5 drivers, downloaded 1.0.0.3 drivers and it seems to work perfectly.

I checked the Atik 460 on Atik Infinity software and the cooler seems to behave perfectly there…

Hello to all.
I have a 583 camera and have never performed a camera firmware update. I’m trying to get Sequence Generator Pro to recognize the latest drivers for operation of the camera through the software. I’ve downloaded the latest drivers from the “ATIK/QSI” website. For some reason, I’m not able to find the latest driver version 1.0.0.5 ascom driver within Sequence Generator Pro when setting up QSI camera parameters. It keeps showing version 1.0.0.1. I also have the latest version of ASCOM. I also have the latest version of SGP. I’m assuming it’s because I do not have an updated camera with the latest firmware. I’m also running Windows 10 Enterprise. Can someone tell me if I need the latest firmware to get to the latest QSI 583 camera/filter wheel drivers? Also, since I’m not the most tech savvy, perhaps hand hold me on how to perform installing the firmware/drivers properly?

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Lanny

So I have been going through a QSI nightmare. Ordered the new 6162 but wasn’t going to be in time for my astro trip so I bought a QSI 683 as an interim camera. Got drivers installed, hooked it up and it worked beautifully. Showed up in Device Manager on my Eagle Windows 10 Enterprise. Connected to SGP, took a few pics. All is great. Take it outside, boot up computer. Camera is gone from Device Manager! Open SGP, try to connect camera, nothing! It simply won’t find the camera. tried EVERYTHING I could think of. Uninstall software, got a new cable. Finally had OPT overnight me another QSI 683. This one wouldn’t install either. Siftware is there but shows no QSI camera. Tried for FOUR hours. Contacted QSI this morning and they sad they had known known issues with Windows 10. Leaving tomorrow for Bortle 1 skies and I am devastated. I even tried the idea of the legacy driver. If anyone has any brilliant ideas I am open to suggestions. I am taking my old ASI1600 and will lug the QSi along just in case. I am now seriously questioning whether I should cancel the order on the very expensive 6162 if I am going to have these kinds of problems.

Try this older and very stable QSI driver version 7.4.1824.0. This was the latest driver downloaded from QSI web site before QSI was bought out by Atik. I will not be responsible for causing issues on your computer but I doubt it will happen.

Either 32 or 64 bit version will work and I used 64 bit last time before I replaced the camera with QHY600M.

Uninstall all QSI driver first before installing version 7.4.1824.0 driver.

Peter

THANK YOU, I’ll try it once we get out to West Texas tomorrow! What a nightmare…

Let us know if it works. I could never get the latest 2 drivers from QSI to work so I reverted back to version 7.4.1824.0 and never failed me.

Peter

Hi all.

Had a situation where the QSI driver on my laptop got corrupted so I loaded the latest drivers from the QSI website. I immediately had a disconnect problem with my Qsi683wsg would initially connect then after 1-2 minutes it would disconnect. Got an error something along the lines of “external disconnect…”. Tried all sorts of drivers, 32 bit, 64 bit, loaded this first, loaded that… pretty frustrating.

I came across the driver above that Topboxman posted above and my problem was solved. Solid connection and my cam works nicely with SGP again.

Just goes to show you this is a great forum with great people!

Thanks!