Capturing with out Plate Solving

Hope this is right place for this. I’m new to mono imaging and trying to get SGPro running. Camera is ZWO 1600 mm c pro with 5 position filter wheel. I’ve set up the camera and filter wheel in the Equipment Profile Manager and a short sequence as a practice run. I selected “no plate solver” on the Plate Solve tab of the Equipment Profile Manager. I’m using ZWO native drivers. When I click on the Run Sequence button, I get an alert that says "The sequence requires the use of a plate solver but none are selected. Please select one in the control panels “Plate Solve” tab and try again.

The manual frame and focus works fine as does the filter wheel so I know the camera and SGPro are talking to each other.

Since I am new this, I wish to keep things a simple as possible until I gain more experience.

Is it possible to capture images with SGPro without doing plate solving and how do i do that or do i need to add plate solving to an already complicated system?

Thanks Joe

Joe,

Click on the little “gear” icon next to your target in the Target List and make sure the “Center on” when target starts box is not checked.

Hope this helps,

BobT

BobT, Thanks for the input but the “Center on” was not checked and still same problem. Any other suggestions?

Are you sure that Plate Solving is disabled for your current sequence, and not just in the Equipment Profile Manager?

Open the Control Panel, look at the Plate Solve tab and make sure that the plate solver option is set to “No Plate Solver

All, “no plate solver” is selected in both the control panel and in the Equipment Profile Manager" Also, neither “center on” nor “slew to” have ever been checked. I’ve been thru Alex McConahay’s tutorial and still get the same error message.

If Ken or Jarad are out there please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Joe K.

Then I’d suggest uploading your logs for when this happens - we should be able to see how the sequence is configured and what is triggering it to look for a plate solver.

I’m having this same issue- just attempted last night to image and every time I clicked run sequence it indicated the same plate solve issue. When I disabled plate solve, same issue, when I re-enabled plate solve, same issue. Eventually, left the plate solve on but every attempt to plate solve prior to starting the sequence, it failed and aborted. Hopefully, we can get some idea as to what is going on here.

Sean, can you upload your logs?

It would also be interesting try try the following:

• Double check that plate solving is disabled in your Equipment Profile
  • Double check that “Center On” option is disabled
  • Use the profile to create a new sequence
  • Confirm that plate solving is disabled in the new sequence by looking at the Plate Solve tab in the Control View
  • Confirm that Center On is disabled in Control View
  • Run the sequence and see what happens.
  • Upload the logs :slight_smile:

Hey Steve, I’ll upload them this afternoon and give your suggestions a try.
Thanks!

Steve, I’ll try to upload mine latter today or tomorrow if I can figure out how to do that.

Sean, Sorry you too are having a similar problem. Nice to know I’m not the only one.

It appears that every time SGPro is opened from desktop that a new Log entry is made. Attached (I hope) is the log from yesterday afternoon when i tried to follow the tutorial by Alex McConahay. sg_logfile_20190528154427.txt (26.8 KB)

I hope this makes it and gives the info needed to help me get SGPro up and running. Let me know if something else is needed.

Joe

Yeah, it looks like that log was created by just opening/closing SGP, so it does not contain much info.

Can you create one where you generate a new sequence, or at least try running an existing sequence so we can see the error you are hitting?

thanks!

I’ll try to do that tomorrow.

Steve, I set up according to the SGP help section for getting started mono cameras. I got the same error message as before. I am attaching screen grab of error message and the log from this session.

Let me know if the attachments didn’t make it.

Again I appreciate your help.

Thanks Joe.sg_logfile_20190530111909.txt (38.8 KB)

Before clicking run sequence I verified that center on and slew to were NOT checked and that No plate solve was selected in both the control panel and the equipment profile manager,

Have also a look at “Auto Center after Meridian Flip”:

AutoCenter

Kind regards,
Horia

Why not just enable plate solve but not use it. Easy enough. Then SGP would be happy and you can then image without plate solving (cancel it if it asks to center on object).

Yep - from the error message in the screen grab Joe posted, meridian flip is enabled (“Sequence will attempt an automated pier flip”) and it is probable that the “Auto Center After Meridian Flip” setting in the Meridian Flip options may also be enabled.

Joe - can you confirm if this is the case?

At Horia s suggestion, I went into the Telescope tab and unchecked the auto center after meridian flip. I then ran a dummy sequence and got a similar error message about the auto focus or auto guiding. HMMMMM. I then went into each of the tabs in the control panel and in the equipment profile manager and selected no auto focus, no guiding etc and unchecked every box on each of these tabs. And then when I ran a dummy sequence it ran the sequence just fine.

Thanks to all but especially Horia. Without his suggestion I’d still be spinning my wheels. When I purchase the full program, the developers should split my fee with Horia.

Clear Skys to all.

Joe

1 Like