Center Here - Right Click Image Not Working

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?

I am using plate solver 2 and the Slew/Center buttons that are accessed from the Target Settings work fine - centering usually takes two attempts to get within a few pixels.

The problem comes when I then right click a Take One image to move the centre for framing purposes. When I do this the plate solving goes into a spiral search which I usually cancel after 5 or 10 minutes. This feature used to work and I’m not aware of any settings having been changed.

Interestingly, if I right click the image and “Plate Solve” (I think I used blind solve but am not 100% sure), it quickly returned a high confidence of the correct location and allowed me to save the coordinates.

Any thoughts welcome, I find this feature really useful when it works.

I seem to recall having this problem once, but it was a long while ago. If I recall, I think I had the ‘on screen’ image flipped 180 degrees but I don’t think the mouse cursor reads this ‘flip’, so when I right-clicked and selected ‘centre here’ it read the co-ordinates upside down and threw the whole process into an unsolvable search. I guess the only thing you can try is to flip the image ‘on screen’ and see if that works.

Thanks for replying, definitely worth a try.
Jon

Ok, I tried the rotating 180 but that didn’t help.

I think I may have found the issue though, when I did a right click Center Here the PlateSolve 2 pop-up box had the FOV for my old camera which is much bigger than my current chip. I changed it in Profile and applied the profile to the Sequence but it still came up with the old settings which is odd. However when I did a Center from within the Slew/Center Target dialogue it showed the correct FOV.

Not sure what’s going on but I’m not going to risk my imaging session by messing around any more tonight - will take a look tomorrow. I’m wondering if the apply profile to sequence didn’t work and might just fix itself after a restart.