Center on target with astrometry every

Hi All,

I test several soft to see which can be the best for me.
I was wondering if there is an option for centering the scope on target every XX minutes.
For example, the lucky imaging method don’t need guiding, but after 3/4 hours of exposures, you have a shift. So an option to center again (with plate solving) every X exposure or time can be a very good thing, no?

Thank you for your replies !
Best regards,
jonathan Durand

1 Like

When I do lucky imaging, I guide anyway for this very reason. I don’t dither and I have a sequence set up that does not use the autoguider so there is no annoying “waiting for autoguider to settle” delays.

Tim

No, but you can force it. Essentially just create multiple copies of your target that have about 3 hours of exposure (or however much you’d like) in them. And enable auto center on each of the targets.

Thanks,
Jared

Of course, this is a clever solution.
I will test soon.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi Jonathan, I can confirm, this is a good workaround for us autoguiding-deniers. I have up to 6 target copies for one night. Each of them lasts for about 90 minutes with my tiny FOV of only 0.5 degrees before the main object leaves the camera frame partially. You can play around with the auto meridian flip, this includes a necessary auto center event which you can take into account when planning the according target.
Good luck, Andreas