Center via Plate Solve hiccup

Been trying out the latest betas and generally I have been pleased. Using v279 I came across an interesting problem. I had set SGP to center on my target (Crescent nebula) when the sequence starts using an image I previously uploaded to Astrobin as the reference. Initially everything looked OK - the process started, image taken, first slew was executed. Place solve worked after a while and the object was a good distance away (many minutes). The second attempt then started, but this time PlateSolve2 never completed (even though I could see that the nebula was centered fairly well). It just kept trying more and more regions, spiraling out way too far. Then the real strange thing happened - before the first solve completed another PlateSsolve2 dialog opened and the solve process started again! After a long while I cancelled both - the first (or maybe the second - not sure) claimed to have successfully solved.

Since I was watching the process (the telescope was not opening autonomously) I manually centered the DSO and did get my images. But this problem is weird. The next evening, I tried to solve the Crescent once more after manually getting it really close. PlateSolve2 again failed to end.

I’ve attached the pertinent log file.sg_logfile_20191001202535.zip (163.5 KB)

@XCalRocketMan

I’m not 100% sure what is happening here. The second platesolve seems to gotten into a state where the first plate solve never properly closed and, as a result, was still holding onto the plate solve file it generates. The only change here (in the beta) is that SGPro will no longer wait for PS2 to close before moving on… This may not be a good idea, need to think about it.

[10/01/19 20:51:18.748][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] Auto center validation frame failed to solve. PlateSolve: APM file found, but could not not be opened.