Centering after meridian flip problem

I’m having a strange issue with failing to center/plate solve after a meridian flip. This has happened two nights in a row.

What happens is that a meridian flip is called for, the first pre-flip image successfully plate solves, the mount flips, and then the post-flip plate solve fails (PS2) as does ANSVR. But the really strange thing is that if I abort the sequence without parking the mount (i.e. the mount is still almost perfectly pointed at my target) and then manually call for a plate solve with PS2 the image is successfully solved in 2sec. The scope has not changed positions at all but the running sequence post-flip plate solve fails while a manual solve is successful. Even if I then restart the sequence SGP will try to center/plate solve the target but it will always fail. So both nights, since the target was already centered, I just started the sequence without enabling slew/centering and the sequence continued without a problem.

Another minor thing is an issue with PS2. For some reason SGP will not save the number of regions to search for the solve, or more accurately regardless of the number of regions I designate in the control panel (200) when PS2 runs it will revert back to max regions. If I then change it to 200 it will stick at 200, but somehow it resets again if I close the sequence. Not a big deal, but I’ve never had a solve take more than a few regions. If it gets beyond a few regions it always fails to solve. So having to cycle through 3000 regions takes too long.

Here is the log file. The meridian flip is called for around 21:12.

@joelshort

The issue of PS2 reverting to 3000 regions has been a bug ever since the beta release where the default for PS2 regions was changed to 3000 instead of 999. I have never been able to get my setting of 200 regions to “stick.”

Charlie

I’m having the same problem with meridian flip. I have the latest version of SGpro installed using a AZ EQ6 Gt mount. It platesolve before flip then on flip it goes to platesolve using platesolve 2 but just keeps searching. When I cancel it it goes to blind solve using ansvr and solves almost immediately
I’m still learnt SGpro so don’t know where to find my log file to post.
I’ve had a few anomalies using SGpro but managed to get it running ok now. Only just started using meridian flips by accident :blush::blush:.
Just wondered if there are any updates on this problem. I don’t use ansvr as my main platesolve as I had issues with it not platesolving on start up. Hence why I now use platesolve 2 as my main platesolve software

Cheers