Centering failures - 15+ tries,

Read through help file, and lots of posts. I haven’t seen this particular problem listed, so, a problem, plus a few questions

1. Using SGP 3.0.2.94
  2. Using PlateSolve2 - 2.29
  3. Log file (zipped), profiles, sequence file and one of the images captured here: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
  4. I previously had set SGP / PS2 for only 5 tries, with 100 px error. That had been working, but now, as indicated in the log file, the mount is not being moved far enough to correct the RA/Dec position. In many cases, it’s only changing by 1 pixel for each try. In some cases, it seems to move a lot - way more than needed to successfully center. I tried changing to 15 tries, and that eventually worked after doing a “try again”. So, I’m at a loss as to what may be happening. Suggestions/guidance?

Also, in the “Edit Parameters” section for PS2 - my Default Location is currently not set to my actual GPS location, and I can’t seem to figure out what sets it, so that I can get it to be correct. I have no idea if it actually matters, or is part of the problem. How is it configured?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Thunder Creek Observatory

Dave - there have been a few like this. If I recall correctly, the previous centering ‘no-moves’ were due to the mount. It is easy to see from the log if the mount is receiving the command to move - but if the result is the same, then the mount thinks it is there already.

The function works - the ASCOM commands are the same irrespective of the mount and my one gets within 10 pixels on the first correction.

There are some little idiosyncrasies to using EQMOD with SGP. This page details them:
http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/UsingEQMODwithSGPro.html

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared. The point data and sync data are likely the culprit. I’ll post for everyone’s benefit once I verify that’s the change needed.

Dave

Jared - 128m is quite old now, is this still the officially supported version? if so, are there plans to ratify later versions?

There are lots of ASCOM fixes/enhancements in the later ones that may be of use…

All that said, I am running 200q with no apparent issues - I recently found out about the dialog box suggestion and this does indeed seem to have made a positive difference to centering!

Darren

Verified that clearing the points fixed it. Centering within 3 tries consistently now. Thanks!

FWIW, I’m also running 2.00q

Dave