Change Target on recovery fail

I am fairly new to SGPro, last night I ran into an issue with my run that I was curious is SGPro can resolve. I have limited access to the northern sky from my backyard; last night I was taking images of a target and I thought I had timed it well but it turned out that I did not have my stellarium landscape configured 100% accurate, I was off by 13 degrees and my target ended up going behind my neighbors house shortly after I went to bed. Because of this, the sequence went into recovery and failed. This was my first target of the night and my other two were in the south sky (which I have more view of). Does SGPro have a mechanism to move to the next target if recovery fails on a target? I have had this issue before where my target goes behind some trees (these times I caught it), and it would be nice to have SGPro automatically move to the next target if recovery fails.

Thanks!

4 Likes

No, SGP tries to complete the target that you have requested. We don’t generally know why your target was obscured (generally a guiding failure). This is generally due to clouds.

Thank you,
Jared

Jared

Would be a nice addition. When your target go’s behind the next door house, (If you miss time your run. which is easy to do…) once the recovery fails X amount of times just to move to the next target.

Got to say though SGP is some cracking software.

Thanks

Andy