Command line arguments with scripting

I want to run a script after a particular event. This is a VB.exe I wrote that sends me a text message with a particular message - like “All done”, or “Need to Re-Focus”. The script accepts command line arguments, so :slight_smile:

Telescope_SMS.exe -m SequenceIsDone sends “SequenceIsDone” to my phone.
Telescope_SMS.exe -m NeedReFocus sends “NeedReFocus” to my phone.

I can’t seem to get SGP to pass command line arguments (-m [string]).

It only allows me to run : Telescope_SMS.exe.

I can write a different .exe for each message, but easire for command line arguments…

Any ideas?

Is it possible to pass arguments?
If so, can we pass % arguments, like %tn for target name?

I have a need very similar to @bscholl

Eric

Arguments are currently not supported. But supporting them shouldn’t be too difficult.

Having it also utilize the SGP arguments is an interesting idea.

Jared

Perhaps this can be done via the API, but what I want is to add something to my observatory website that’s on the Internet that states whether or not images are currently being taken, and if so, for what target, what filter, the frame number, the time, and possibly other things. I can easily view this page with any device. This info would get updated after every exposure via a Post-Event script which passes all that info as SGP %xxx arguments.

Currently if I want to see the status of image taking I need to be on my PC and use Anydesk to log into the remote PC to look at SGP’s status. Most of the time I’m not on my PC but I almost always have my phone with me. And I often just want to know, “is it still working?”.

Without the %xxx arguments the only thing I could do is send a message to the web server at the end of every image, and it would keep track of the number of messages and the last update.

Eric

You might want to look at using the GNS (Good Night System) from Lunatico for this purpose. It will not involve your observatory website, but is well integrated with the SGP Notification functionality. GNS uses an App on your Android or iPhone that can then connect to your imaging computer either via LAN or internet.

Ventania,
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, my observatory is behind a firewall and isn’t available via the Internet, so GNS can’t get to it.