Connecting a Nikon D5300?

I have a newly acquired (used) Nikon D5300 to play around with. Call me an idiot, but I can’t figure out how to connect the camera to my computer. There’s no USB port on the camera. Can someone tell me what cable or other equipment I need to connect the camera to my computer for SGP use?

Hi,

You need use the cable to download the photos from the camera directly, you have this cable?

Regards,

Leandro

Unfortunately it didn’t come with a cable. Is this the right one?

Is that all I need?

Yes Sir., verify with the Nikon when you buy, I recommend the original to avoid noise when transmitting.

Yes this is the one I bought for mine as well. I bought two. One for the wire-loom and one to use next to the PC. I can verify it works well with my D5200 (same interface as D5300).

Following are the three methods with which you can connect your camera to computer:

• Connect the camera to the computer via a USB cable- The USB cable you need is supplied in the camera box.

• Use a memory card reader. With a card reader, you simply pop the memory card out of your camera and into the card reader instead of hooking the camera to the computer. Many computers and printers now have card readers, and you also can buy standalone readers.

• Invest in Eye-Fi memory cards and transfer images via a wireless network. You can find out more about these special memory cards and how to set up the card to connect with your computer, at the manufacturer’s website. Your computer must be connected to a wireless network for the transfer technology to work.

For more methods and techniques please visit Nikon D5300 Manual.

This is the only one that will work with SGP.

Thanks,
Jared