Conrol panel versus equip profile

I bet this has been discussed and I apologize, however, when I create a new sequence with a profile, and start defining the sequence, but ad hoc change some settings in the control panel, how do I keep those control panel settings from creeping uo in future sequences?

For example, I have created a new sequence with profile, thinking all the settings associated with the equip profile would be loaded into that sequence. But no, the ad hoc settings from a previous control panel setting enhancement crept in. So it appears that control panel settings dominate over equipment profile settings in the creation of brand new sequences. Is it supposed to be like this?

Thank you

I am not sure if I answered y own question, but I read another post where someone indicated that if they shut down SGP and re-launch it, the CP should match the sequenced Equip profile.

Sequences are not related to profiles. You may create a sequence from a profile, but after this point, they have no relation to one another.

If you create a sequence from a profile, isn’t the point that the sequence will populate with all of the equipment profile settings? For example, camera gain and tec setting. But I have found, even after creating a specific sequence with an equipment profile, the control panel is still, seemingly providing a different set of setting values.

If a user creates a sequence from an equipment profile, that user wants to be assured that all of the settings for everything in the profile will carry over into the sequence, which appears to be a challenge for someone learning the system. It does not always work out like that.

So then are sequences not related to profiles, as your first sentence states? if that is the case, it is now understandable that that control panel will have different settings to start out from than what was expectely in the sequence.

This may help.

https://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/Description1.html

And

https://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/UnderstandingProfilesFAQ.html

Ballyhoo - do you have log files showing this? This is not how profiles and sequences work. Are you sure this is what actually happened? Have you tried doing this a second time to confirm?

And which settings specifically came from a “previous control panel”?

Case in point. I certainly have set the tec for -13, but it is at -7.

here is a link to log files:

not really help in this particular issue. but thank you!

What Ken is trying to say is that once you create a SEQUENCE file based on a profile then the sequence file and profile file are completely separate from each other. Updates to one will not update the other.

In your image above, you have set your PROFILE to -13C. But in your currently running SEQUENCE control panel the camera temperature has been set to cool to -8C. Somewhere along the way you must have set the camera to cool to -8 in the SEQUENCE, not in the PROFILE.

Another factor to consider is that if you have it enabled, SGP will automatically load the last SEQUENCE that was used. This is the default behavior. So when you open SGP your last sequence will automatically be loaded and if you changed anything in that sequence those changes will be present in the current sequence only, NOT in the profile.

You need to “apply” that profile to your sequence if you want the values to be updated in the control panel:

Thank you everyone I will apply the recommendations.

Thank you for your responses, gentlemen, I have another issue here. My profiles are not empty. They are all gone. I am not sure why, but I go to load either an equipment or user prfile and non exist to populate. However the SGP files are in the C:Document: SGP folder.
Is there somewhere else they need to be?

![sgp%20profles1|800x434]

(upload://qfBC9TEyiCV8uQOCh6Vh7T50zt1.gif)

Yes. I am not sure how they ended up in that folder. Did you copy them there or did you use SGPro to change the folder where profiles are stored?

See here to set where SGPro should look for profiles: https://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Content/SGPHelp/GeneralOptions.html