Could Not Fetch Image in FMW

Hi All,

Just downloaded the trial version today and played around this evening. Everything seems to be resolved but this one left. In FMW I cannot fetch any image from SIMBAD. Typed in “M42” or other common objects but always got “Error fetching image. Could not resolve “M42” with SIMBAD”. Internet connection is fine. I also tried to import an image taken with The Sky X but it says “Insufficient data in the FITS headers”. I took a look and notice my FITSheader only has OBJCTRA and OBJCTDEC, no RA and DEC. I suppose that’s the problem?

Anyway, any idea of how can I fetch images so I can proceed?

Thanks,
Yizhou

Looks like SIMBAD is down. You can enter the RA/Dec of the object and it will still pull it. Only the lookup for naming goes through SIMAD.

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared, I can indeed fetch image if I type in the RA/DEC.

So the problem with opening images taken with TSX, is the lack of RA/DEC the issue?

Yizhou

Tomorrow I will add a backup to SIMBAD for situations like this. It will be transparent to the user and fail over automatically. As for using an image from TSX, I think we log what it is missing, but if you want to post a sample image to drop box, I’ll take a look and see if we can make that work.