Could not set an end time past 10:00 am (next day)

I was trying to set up a sequence to capture dark and bias calibration frames for my ATIK at -20C. It was a cloudy night but plenty cool. The camera was inside in a air conditioned shed with the AC set to keep it lower than 17C all night. So I created a sequence that started around 9:00pm.

The sequence was rather lengthy with durations from 10 minutes down to 2 minutes with 30-40 or more frames each. The total duration was reported to take around 24 hours.

However I wanted to stop it at around 10:00 am the next day because it would have warmed up too much and the AC unit would probably not be able to keep it below 17C or so in the astro shed.

However the sequence would not let me set anything ‘later’ than 9:00 am the next day, actually 8:55am.If I set it any later it kept reverting to 10:00am TODAY

Is this is because it would be daylight? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

I think I understand what you are seeing and it has nothing to do with inferred daylight hours (different latitudes experience daylight hours differently so SGPro makes no assumptions). I think what you are seeing is an artifact of moving start / end times to use inferred dates. They used to be explicit dates, but most folks wanted to use the same times day after day without having to remember to update the dates. Because of this, there is a 12 hour boundary from now. Everything -12 is past and everything +12 is future. We tried to be smarter about it, but every time we did, there was another use case that poked holes into it… so now it’s nice and simple. It’s been this way for more than a couple years now and most folks seem OK with it.

I see I think I understand and that makes sense.

I will have to admit this was an unusual sequence.

Thanks for the response.