Could turn camera cooler off on new sequence be made an option?

Currently, when one selects “New Sequence” one gets a notification that this will turn the camera cooler off and an option to cancel.

I think it might be better to allow the user the option of not turning the camera cooler off (perhaps a checkbox with “Turn Camera Cooler Off” that can be unchecked. Could this (or similar) feature be added?

It’s hard to see (although it probably has origins in some equipment restriction) why someone would want to turn the camera cooler off when starting a new sequence.

The problem doesn’t occur when loading an existing sequence–no camera cooler off at that point.

2 Likes

I concur albeit I understand not wishing to have too many check boxes in the UI process. The fact that this notification appears seems odd given that certainly in my case I ensure that within the Equipment Manager I do not have any Cooling options selected, thus would not expect a ‘New Sequence’ to invoke this effect.

I only select cooling on via the ‘Control Manager’ as one of the first things I do after connecting the equipment. Having run one sequence I prefer to create a new one for a different target area, thus am frustrated to have to accept the cooling being turned-off and then my starting it up again immediately afterwards. In my simple mind this does not compute?

I’d only expect this behaviour if I’d set cooling criteria from with my equipment profiles, or am I missing a piece of fundamental logic somewhere?