Crash when aborting plate solve during centering

I got a crash tonight (and its not the first time) when aborting the sequence during centering. What information should I collect to help diagnose the issue?

Log file is here: The crash is at the bottom I believe.

Sequence file here:

Not really a lot in the log unfortunately. It looks like the Focus motor disconnected right before the crash but I can’t tell if this was due to the crash or was what caused it:

[04/09/19 21:01:36.618][DEBUG] [Main Thread] Disconnecting ASCOM Focuser: ASCOM.CelestronUsbMotorFocuser.Focuser
[04/09/19 21:01:36.626][DEBUG] [Unknown] GlobalExceptionHandler caught : The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
[04/09/19 21:01:36.626][DEBUG] [Unknown] Runtime terminating: True

If you connect and disconnect the focuser doe you have issues? Other than that I’m not really sure. Is this repeatable when aborting plate solving?

Thanks,
Jared

There are several logs that end like this:
[Main Thread] Performing clean up…
Which I assume means a normal termination unless there are other errors log (didn’t look like it).

Then I found this one which looks like the previous one I posted:

The focus driver is for the new Celestron Focus Motor. It does take more time than any of the other (camera, telescope, weather) drivers to connect but it seems to work ok – I get the focus position display and can move the focus in and out with no problem – and I have disconnected the focuser without a crash successfully.

I think the log file above is when I had to abort a sequence during centering but I wasn’t up to speed on what to look for that night so I’m not sure.

Now that I have seen the log files I will keep a closer watch on what is logged.

Next clear night I will try to abort another plate solve without messing with any drivers and see what happens.

Hmm, just tried to set up a platesolve using the ASCOM simulators and the SGP hung rather than crashed after getting an error from the simulator.

Logfile here:

I had to end task in windows task manager to get out of it. It seems that all the happy path stuff works just fine, its recovery from unusual conditions or errors where I see problems. I’ll be happy to keep looking and reporting anything I find, I’ve managed to get more imaging done in a few nights (work nights :-)) with SGP than ever before working manually.

Let me know if there is additional debug logging I should turn on to help catch issues.

Thanks!

Mitch