Created a document about installing Local Astrometry.Net to work with SGP

I created a document about how to install Local Astrometry.Net to work with SGP. Please proofread and let me know if I missed something or there may be a better or easier way. I got this working in three different Windows OS like Windows Vista 32 bit, Windows 7 64 bits and Windows 8.1 64 bits.

Thanks,
Peter

Update: Updated document to say that it may not be necessary to install Cygwin if Astrotortilla also installs Cygwin. I also did further clean up of the document.

Peter,

I just followed your document and the installation went very well without any problems. So far it is solving all the images I am tossing at it. The only thing you might want to add is about having the ANSVR auto start when Windows starts/restarts. Otherwise, thanks for putting this together!

Pete

Hi Peter,
Thanks for doing this. Plate solving is a bit down the road for me, but likely inevitable. For now, I have been following your efforts (on various forums) with real interest.

Mark

Hi Pete,

I updated the document to include an option to automatically start ANSVR when PC boots up. It’s at step #25. I hope I said it correctly since I didn’t test it.

The document is at the same location in my dropbox folder.

I am glad you got Plate Solving working for you.

Thanks,
Peter

Your file has been added to the original pinned thread. Thread locked!