Crescent Nebula narrowband

This is my first real narrowband attempt, and only the third time using my new atik 314l+

I did not collect much data, we have been getting rain almost every night here the last few weeks. I collected this data about a week ago, and managed another 2 hours of Ha. I’ll add it in tonight and see how it goes.

Mike

2 Likes

Awesome job Mike! Mess around with how you blend the narrowband. She doesn’t need to be purple

Also M27 is the dumbbell. :yum:

No, I’m the dumbbell. I am doing a good job tonight, asking questions about checkboxes in the middle of the screen and renaming the heavens. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help. The image almost seems over processed, which is odd. It’s only about ten exposures each so I think layering in the extra data will help.

Also the SII channel had basically no data, I may just leave that out, seems like other folks who image the crescent do that.

Have been looking into building an observatory so I can really collect more photons, and am thinking of picking up the good night system add on and seeing how it works.

Thanks for a great program and all the help!

Mike

1 Like