Cudos to SGP developers

I posted this on CN this morning. Still got a few minor bugs to work out, but I would have saved myself a lot of headaches had I just gone with this program from the beginning. For a beginner like me, it has been a real God Send:

As an update, I ran SGP with two different sequences. No problems at all with pier flip and I got a good nights sleep. I now wish that I had used SGP from the get go, instead of brand x and maxim. Guiding worked flawlessly with PHD2, but I still have some work to do with auto focusing. When clouds rolled in, the program shut down operations and I didn’t experience the problems that maxim generated when weather goes bad. No lost/ faded guide star problems with this program. A problem that has plagued maxim for years. An added bonus of the SGP is none of those silly and ridiculous subscription fees that many have gone to. The subscription fee to ccdap, alone, goes a long way to paying for SGP. Plus you get the PHD2 guiding for free. IMHO, the best guiding program out there.

My cudos and thanks to the developers of SGP. It is Simply a Good Program at a great price…Gunny

1 Like

Gunny,
Thank you for the kind words! Glad it’s working well for you!

Thanks,
Jared