This one has been going on for a while, but I just caught it when I tried to stack a set of frames of comet C/2013 US10 Catalina.
I could not get PixInsight to record the location of the comet on my last frame, when I noticed that all the DATE-OBS keywords were the same for all images…all zeroes. I had no problems when comet stacking other comets, but as it’s not something I do often, this may have been something “new.”
I looked back through images collected over the past year and found out that frames collected using 18.104.22.16873 and earlier were fine, but anything using 22.214.171.124 or later had this problem. I changed nothing else in my system (except changing my pc from using UTC to local time due to the start/end target issue, which was not a factor in this).
I did a little test and noticed that the DATE-OBS keyword is filled in when I save a frame/focus frame using the right click as noted with:
But when a file is saved during a sequence, this is what I get:
I’m using a QHY22 using the direct driver for camera control and that hasn’t changed for a while.
If needed, here is the logfile from a test this morning that I used to create the above files: