Debayer function to convert the monochrome FITS to color, and then a color adjust or color balance function

Title says it all. More and more of us are moving to OSC. Including myself just went from asi1600mm-cool to a QHY 168-C & we want to at least see a preview. I am sure you should be able to generate a preview in color and still preserver a fits file for processing latter on.

Can this be done please.

All competitors seem to have this including nebulosity which i own.

If both cant be accomplished then give us a choice to preview and save in tiff. Its our loss not yours.

Nebulosity, Sharpcap, and many other all have a Debayer preview that does not effect the final product. Why do i need to use other software when even the SkyX is intending to implement this feature?. That comes right out of the Bisque brothers mouths.

It is time to give us this preview as many of us have requested it. Other then this shortcoming SG pro is amazing.

Sincerely,

Anthony

Yes, please. I would also appreciate a color preview with either my D810a Nikon or my ASI071.

Thanks for the consideration,
James

I would also like this added I use one-shot color a lot,

Wanted this for 2 years. and yes OSC is growing exponentially… especially with broadcasting. I had a ASI071 and recently dropped 4K on a ASI094 full frame.
I’m reduced to using SHARPCAP! to see debayered image and standing in DSS live.

I need SGP’s features and control for my obsey - but needs support for OSC.
the ASI294Mc is extremely popular.!

Here is a frame and focus sub (120 seconds). in SGP. But I had to bring it into PI to convert to post online. Heck the cheap and free programs offer debayer preview. PLEASE ADD IT.

49385085_10215786420086299_8600859850634690560_o|800x534

I’m puzzled. What is a color preview of a single uncalibrated sub going to tell you? You are going to get a few colored dots and with a screen stretch a noisy, off color result, tinted by LP or an LPF.
The preview screen in an image acquisition program is for framing and exposure checking. Color balance is irrelevant and exposure checking is best done by looking at numbers, not a screen. Same goes for image processing. Numbers never lie but a screen can.

FWIW, I predict the current popularity of OSC, fueled by inexpensive CMOS chips, will recede as soon as unfiltered chips reach the market. Unless you are one of the lucky few that does not have LP, mono cameras with separate filters have greater flexibility and efficiency, especially for NB.

What it tells me? It gives me instant gratification of what I’m doing. As well it shows people I’m broadcasting to a more final version of the shot. I also am stacking in DSS LIVE so they see the stack as each sub comes in. In DSS live I can click “SAVE PHOTO” and it will save the stack as is. (I rarely calibrate even my mono filtered subs) The cameras these days do a wonderful job on very nice natural color.

This is ONE FRAME AND FOCUS sub 120 seconds OSC displayed in DSS LIVE after being shot with SGP. You tell me, what does this tell you?

HOWEVER I found out that I can debayer and stack SGP subs in DSS LIVE so the request is now moot. This is a DSS LIVE stack of 8 frame and focus subs from SGP of various lengths from 10 seconds to 120 seconds. A total of around 8 minutes. Displayed LIVE to viewers no calibration frames or tweaks. SAVED from DSS LIVE.

• then later added the star busts / sharpened, downsized to post online. Though tweaking was not necessary. Again no calibration frames.

Well, here goes:

• It tells me the framing - but so does any monochrome image.
  • It tells me the nebula is predominantly red, but so does any rudimentary Internet or planetarium search.
  • It also tells me that you have some strange irregularities on focus or aberrations across the frame - but so does a monochrome image.
  • What it does not tell me in this stretched state is if the exposure is clipped; I would return to the histogram and choose selective parts of the nebula (like the area near the trapezium) with the cursor to confirm the exposure values… again, I would do that on a monochrome image just as easy as here and then devise the exposure plan accordingly.
    The result of number-based evaluation is evident:

www.mainsequencesoftware.com