Default set of options for Mosaic Sequence

Here’s the settings as they appear default…

I would like to be able to set some settings to a certain setting as default as they can be easy to forget to change.

Here’s my preffered settings, but others will want them to default to other values of course…

Slewing and centering is of course needed to be able to frame the object well.
Validate angle is pointless for me since it’s remote observatory so i would have to call the “janitor” to rotate the camera…i guess many just don’t use this setting and keep the angle as it is.

Sure, this took all of about 10 minutes… There is no dedicated UI to choose your preferred settings, but SGPro will apply the last options you chose for the bottom two sections. If having a place to set these preferences (as opposed to simply recording the last choices) proves to make this more useful, we will look at that post 3.1

1 Like

Applying the last options should work :+1:

I have some concerns regarding the recent changes to the target centering options both in the FM and in the target settings. Previously we had the option to select separately the “Slew to” and “Center on”. It was possible to choose either or both of them. Now this is not the case any more. There is no option to choose “Center on” alone.
56%20AM

Here is my issue; I own a Mesu 200 and operate it remotely. This mount uses a friction drive and it is possible that the mount loses its sync under certain circumstances. Previously, when Center on was selected, SGP used to do a Plate solve prior to any slewing activity. If the validation frame couldn’t be plate solved ( due to the scope looking at the observatory wall or to the ground) it wouldn’t move the scope. However, in the case of Slew to, it would start slewing immediately from where the mount reported the scope was aiming at to the target. In my case, this can be disastrous if the mount is at totally different coordinates than it is reporting. It can easily hit the pier or tangle the cables. I didn’t have a chance to try the new beta so I don’t know the steps SGP goes through before slewing. If it is like the previous “Slew to” behaviour, without any checks to make sure the scope is where it is declaring it is, then I want my “Center on” action back :slight_smile:

Hope my English was sufficient to convey my worries to you.

Thanks

Sedat