Difficulty to connect SGP with Nikon Z6

Does SGP work with a Nikon Z6? I bought a Shoestring DSUSB Adapter, but still no images will be transmitted from the camera to SGP. The camera is shown as connected in SGP and goes through every defined step and take the images. But no images are in the defined folder. What do I wrong?

We’ll need a log to look into it:

But I don’t think you need a DSUSB with the Z6. I could be wrong but I thought it supported long exposures directly over USB.

Thank you,
Jared

Hi Jared,

thanks for your reply!
You can get a log over this link: Connecting....
As I said before SGP runs through the sequence, but no images will be taken/transferred. The connection in this case was only by a usb cable. Additionally together with the DSUSB it is the same.The memory card has been removed.
It would be fantastic if you could solve my problem!

Thank you,

Rouven

1 Like

I’m new to the software, but am having exactly the same problem.
The log file does not show any anomaly, the Z6 camera shows it is connected to the PC
The connection in SGP is active. Yet when trying to take a picture SGP just pretends to do so, in reality the camera is not doing anything.
I tried forcing a different ISO setting in SGP than in the camera, and the camera properly switches to the SGP ISO setting. The shutter just does not trigger…

Thanks !

I’ll probably have to get a hold of a Z6 to test with. Looks like something is not happy there but it seems the log doesn’t have any information about what is going on either.

Jared

Naturally, since I ordered a Z 6 for testing purposes, I think I have addressed this issue :roll_eyes: . If you’d like to give it a shot you can find a build here:

Please let me know the outcome either way.

Jared

Hi Jared,

thanks for your quick help. Unfortunately it‘s still the same problem.
But I saw that I haven‘t got the latest firmware on my Z6. I will update on Monday and try it another time. I will come back to you on Monday.

Best,

Rouven

Still does not work. Log file below
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZ5YOZY6Q6Bl_AW_ydbgvd0VYcZsQ?e=dSoYCw
Password is MainSequence

The prevous log was with the oriinal firmware of teh Z6, 2.20.
I had it updated to the most recent version 3.00, but the problem remains.
Here is the link to the log file : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZ5YOZY6Q6Bl_AZfUlW6PKfVvAFpg?e=T4ejSA

Not really sure…I should have one here in a couple of days for testing. We’ll get it figured out.

Thanks,
Jared

This should address the Z 6 issues:

Thank you,
Jared

Yes, it works now :slight_smile: Many thanks, Jared!
But an error message occured: Error attempting to capture image (see logs for more information).
You will find this log here: Connecting....
And all images were taken in monochrome.
For your background: Just for testing purposes I used a normal objective - no telescope - with short exposure and low ISO at daylight.

Thanks,

Rouven

If using a lens you’ll want to disable auto focus on the lens. I’m guessing that was the issue looking at the documentation. I’ll check for that and bring up a warning.

If that’s not it please let me know.

Thanks,
Jared

You were right. I have forgotten to switch on „M“ at the lens. In the camera it had been switched to M before. But I tried it afterwards another time with manual focus at the lens. The error occured again. After that I tested a sequence with exposures from 10s to 1m. The error message prompting only at exposures <=30s.
Here‘s the log: Connecting...

Is it correct that all images are without color? Will it be added by post-processing (debayering)?
Sorry, but I worked so far only with a monochrome camera. Sequence Generator Pro with a OSC-camera is new to me.

Thanks,
Rouven

yes, we do not debayer. We only deal with RAW.

Not seeing the behavior here. I’ll do some extended testing this evening.

Jared