Discrepancy in Temperature Information

Greetings, I’m evaluating SGP and will be purchasing it very soon, it’s too essential not too!

I’m using a ZWO ASI178MC(non-cooled) camera.

When I take my images, it has for one of the filename flags the ability to output the Temperature of the camera at the time the image it taken. I’ve also noticed a temperature value (CCD-Temp) in the .FITS header.

These two numbers don’t match up. sometimes the filename temp %ct can be significantly different than what is in the .fit header.

I was wondering if you could explain this difference, and in general how the CCD-Temp reading is calculated in regards to length of exposure? (I was doing 300s exposures in this case). I’m mostly interested in is it an averaged temperature over the course of the exposure, or is it taken at the beginning or end of the exposure etc…

One of the issues that I run into with this camera is that my darks, and flats need to be matched as closely as possible with the lights in regards to temperature. I was having problems with my dark subtractions recently so I started digging around in the image headers when I noticed this.

Thanks for any information that can help!!

it’s been about a month since I posted this question, have I provided enough information?