Dither settings per filter

Each filter of course has different times and intervals. I would like to add to each event the ability to select a dither per frames. For example. If I am running my Ha filter 30 x 240", I would want to dither every frame. The next filter Lum 300 x 20sec, I would want to run Dither every 5 frames. Currently, I do not know how to acheive this in SGP

I understand what you are after, but it’s not clear to me why. Can you explain the reasoning behind varying dithering behavior by filter?

Thank you for the reply. On many discussions on multiple Astronomy forums, people discussing dither say that dither is more of a time based correction. If I am taking long subs (5 min), then they recommend to dither every frame. If I take 500 Lum subs at 20 seconds each, then they say dither every 5 - 8 frames. If I have an all night sequence running with dither set to “every three frames” then that is OK (a little excessive) for the Lum but bad when Ha starts its 5 min subs.

This is something I’ve been trying to figure out as well. I’m working with 90s RGB frames and 30s L frames. Ideally I’d dither every frame for RGB and every 3rd frame for L (this is strictly to manage the overhead associated with dithering). I saw something on Cloudy Nights talking about setting up a sequence that would have three L events, set it to dither every frame, and set it to rotate through all events and that would somehow “trick it” into only dithering every 3rd frame. I didn’t think that would work, although I did try it, and as expected it didn’t work. Something similar to how Gain can be set per event would work as well, although I did see Ken or Jared’s response in here a few years ago saying that would actually be more invasive than it seems on the surface. Having written a fair amount of software, I can appreciate how things that seem simple end up having extensive tentacles.