Dither while Image Capturing

Is anyone having issues with the dither occurring during image capture? I have it set to dither every 4 frames so at the end of the night I have to throw out every fourth frame…obviously with using PHD2.

Hi Zach,

Dithering always occurs between frames, newer during a frame.

There are two important SGP parameters you need to get wright:

1. The delay between frames must be set longer than twice the Camera exposure duration in PHD. This gives PHD the necessary time to finish the current guiding frame, execute the dither command and take a new guiding frame. Only now will PHD know and correctly report the guiding error after the dither to SGP. I tend to set this delay to 2.5 – 3 times the exposure duration.

2. You need to set the acceptable settling error and time. This is important if your mount has backlash (most of them have). This setting needs to be found out by trial and error.

Regards,
Horia

I’m interested in 1) as I don’t have any delay set anywhere… My setup dithers and then sends a command to SGP when it’s settled to within the parameters I have set.

I didn’t have the time period for how long the guiding should settle for. Figured out last night and got it working. Thanks! lol