Do you guys all have rotators? F&M Wizard

So this has been a thing for a while unless I can’t find a setting. When using the framing and Mosaic wizard and creating a sequence the rotate button is checked by default. In my experience most people do not have rotators. We typically set the camera to 0 degrees.

So each time I make a sequence I have to uncheck the box. If I forget and tell it to start the sequence I get the error prompt that I don’t have a rotator which I remedy by unchecking the box under the gear icon next to the target name.

So I gotta ask, is this by default because the dev’s all have rotators? Might there be a chance of a user selectable permanent selection to default that to off? If such an option already exists I can’t find it. Could someone please point it out to me?

Thanks

1 Like

I am selecting “Manual Rotator” and in Platesolve settings I allow 3-4 degrees difference. This way it becomes a non issue. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

We don’t set defaults based on the equipment we own, rather we look at how/what the feature is used for and determine what makes sense. In this case you’re using a tool to adjust the framing and rotation of the target. Likewise we also default to center and slew to the target but not everyone has a computer controlled mount.

Like bilgebay mentioned, the manual rotator exists for this reason. It helps you get rotated like you set things in the framing and mosaic wizard…without having an actual rotator.

Thanks,
Jared

Ok sounds good. I guess I never noticed manual rotator. I’ll use that going forward.

Also, if you have previously plate soplved, SGP w2ill get the camera angle. If you save that sequence as your profile to update it, or update your profile with that camera angle, I believe the framing and mosaic wizard using that camera angle (You can also hand enter it)

I typically align my camera the same way manually, I have never bothered with rotating to frame something .

Mike

1 Like