Does Focus Reminder Cancel Auto Focus

If I have set a focus reminder and I also have Use auto focus selected, is the auto-focus ignored? That seems to be happening or am I missing something else?

Focus reminder and auto focus aren’t linked together. If you run auto focus at anytime it will reset any timers and temperature data that is related to auto focus though.

So no, they’re not linked. But if you run auto focus during your focus reminder then yes, those values will be reset.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Jared,
I am not using any timers for auto focus, and I am not using any temperature data either.

In fact, the focus reminder is only so that I can adjust the focus of the ONAG. I am not auto focusing or changing the focus of the main OTA in any way during the focus reminder pause. So, my question is why is the auto focus not occurring?

I think the auto focus is supposed to occur after an auto centering action. That is what did not happen. Am I misunderstanding? Unfortunately, the log file for that session 6/08 appears to no longer exist. I thought they were supposed to persist for two weeks, but I have no log files older than 7 days. Is there a parameter to set how long to keep log files? I could not find anything in SGP Help.

Thank you,
Manning