Does not react

When I run SGP only for the camera and PHD separately it goes well and indeed it is better to choose Starlight Xpress SXV than Lodestar

But When I integrate everything I have got - Autofocuser, Mount, Filterwheel, Platesolve and Guiding with PHD, (with is very nice, you can program all and go to bed!) But then I get always lots of trouble when using my SX-35 camera and the Lodestar.

And when I don’t use the SX35 but an other camera like my Atik414 or a QHY8P of a friend it all works nice!

So till now I must agree that the SX employe is right,

But I amnot happy with this and if you can bring me an other solution; you are very welcome,

Arie

Hi
I have been using a combination of sx h35 and sxv guider or loadstar or loadstar2 ( on phd) for years now without any
problems ?

When you installed the SX ASCOM driver you did tell it what cameras you had ?

Harry

Harry,

He told me via email that the SX guys said he can’t run his Trius with a lodestar guider in SGP. I only own one piece of their equipment (lodestar) so I don’t have enough experience with it to determine what is going on.

Maybe we should get ahold of SX and find out what the deal is.

Try use SX Version 1.2.2.0 native driver. I’ve had issues with versions 1.3.x.x because sometimes it would time out and stop communicating. Many others have reported similar issues.

Even though SGP requires camera’s ASCOM driver, SX ASCOM driver also require SX native driver so give version 1.2.2.0 if you are not already using it.

Peter

Hi
I do not have a trius , but I thought it was only a hub on the back

I will ask Terry of SX and see if he has any ideas

Harry

Oh

BTW I have 2 sx cameras and SGP can connect to them both at the same time ?

Harry

Hi
Terry of SX does not see why SGP can not work with 2 cameras
As I can do so , can you give a bit more info i.e what ascom drivers you are using etc

Regards

Harry

My deliverer: DutchDigitalImaging says that Terry has said that SGP can not handle two SX cameras.

My experience is that it always brings trouble: SGP does not react anymore…

I used the drivers for the Lodestar from the CD-rom which was delivered with the Lodestar X2 camera (May 2015) and the drivers from the CD-rom which was delivered with the Trius-SX35 (november 1915)

Do you use SGP with all equipment connected? And do you have Windows 10?

Hi
I have spoken to Terry , it was true a while ago when the ascom driver was in a early state more than one camera
was a problem , but not now :slight_smile:
You mention the native sx drivers which is fine , but you need the SX ASCOM driver as well
I presume you have installed this sxCamera - Dad Dog Development Ltd.

Regards

Harry

You need ASCOM driver for SGP for main camera but you don’t need ASCOM driver for PHD2 for Lodestar. PHD2 works very well with SX native driver. Try use ASCOM driver for main camera with SGP and SX native driver for Lodestar. I prefer to use SX version 1.2.2.0 native driver than their latest 1.3.x.x.

Peter

I don’t know the difference between the drivers on the disk and ascom drivers… Fact is that when I use a QHY camera and the Lodestar guide camera SGP runs smooth and secure. But when I use the SX-35 camera and the Lodestar I get always in trouble: SGP does not react anymore… PHD does not react anymore. Buy another guide camera?

Another problem I have: On my new Lenovo computer Windows DeviceManager sees the SX Camera’s, so does Nebulosity, But SGP does not.

You need the ASCOM driver installed in addition to the ‘system’ drivers:

http://www.sxccd.com/drivers-downloads

Then, scroll down to where it says:

ASCOM compliant SX camera driver for most of our range (including the CoStar) Many thanks to Bret McKee!

So the other drivers on that page allow Windows to talk to your cameras. But, SGP uses ASCOM to talk with your main camera. On the flip side, PHD2 has drivers for the lodestar, so you won’t use the ASCOM driver for PHD2.

What mads0100 said.

Download latest SX ASCOM driver from:

The CD disk you have that came with SX cameras are very likely to be out of date.

Peter

Mads0100 and topboxman,
thank you very much, my Lenovo computer sees the SX cameras again and I can work with SGP again. I am very happy and thankfull for your help,
yours sincere, Arie

2 Likes

That’s great news.

Peter

1 Like

Yes indeed I have been struggling with this since two months…

1 Like

Hi

Glad its all working now
Bit Late now but I did a prep vid for SGP Untitled Document

Regards

Harry

1 Like

Thank you Harry, even as I am deaf and understanding English is difficult for me these videos will help me a lot!
regards, Arie

1 Like

Hi
It has been requested before that I add subtitles I will look into this in future

Thanks for looking

Harry

1 Like

Hi Arie,

I am also deaf. In case you didn’t know, Warren Keller has video tutorials for PixInsight and he kindly listened to my request to include closed captioning in his videos about processing images using PixInsight and it works very well.

Peter

1 Like