Dome and Scope Mismatch

Hi Group
Looking for some guidance. Any help would be appreciated.

1. I only run the scope and dome through the ASCOM Dome Control (using the Celestron and LesvedomeNet drivers), the dome aperture aligns with the scope position.
  2. I run through SGPro, using the same drivers, the dome does not align with the scope

While pointing to Aldebaran (mostly south) in the late afternoon, the SGPro method has the dome rotate 22 deg. further towards the west. This occludes part of the scope.

Both the ASCOM Dome Control and SGPro have their own input windows for dome/scope geometry, and they have been entered the same (save rounding differences).

The attached files are grouped in the ASCOM folder (aligned) and the SGPro folder (misaligned). Screen shots and logs are found in each.

The screen shots show both the window groups of ASCOM and SGPro. Note the same geometry values in each group.

1. The ASCOM screen shot shows the ASCOM driver controlling the scope and dome. The dome target azimuth is around 142 degrees. I also have the scope turned on in SGPro to show its RA and Dec agreement with ASCOM.
  2. The SGPro screen shot shows the Observatory azimuth value of around 164 deg.

The two test were run within minutes of each other and at the same target. in this case the SGPro solution was about 22 deg off.

The SGPro logs in each folder represent a handset slew to Aldebaran. the second log in the SGPro folder has Aldebaran as the target and uses SGPro to slew.

SGPro 2.6.0.20
ASCOM 6.3
ASCOM Celestron scope driver
LesveDomeNet dome driver
Windows 10 Anniversary
CGE Pro mount
Exploradome 8’ dome

I was looking at your screenshots - not the logs and wonder if this might be related to something I see with my own Dome settings. I have a Shelyak controller - so not exactly the same. However, I use the Shelyak ASCOM driver within SGP and wondered if it would not be similar with Leavesdome i.e. that they use an ASCOM driver? If it is an ASCOM driver, then when connected and you click on the ‘spanner’ icon beside the connect button…does it not bring up the settings for the Leavesdome control. For me it brings up the Shelyak ASCOM dome control settings:-

I cannot bring up all the windows at one time - so here is another screenshot of the exact same comfiguration but now showing the SGP slave settings:-

Mine is a 2m dome and for the SGP slave setting I measured the inside to be 1.99m. However on the Shelyak ASCOM driver settings, to make things work, I had to put in Dome Radius (1m) even though it clearly asked for diameter in the settings (even if it is in French).

Maybe no link whatsoever to your situation…but one never knows. Just thought I’d mention it in case it is of help…even just to eliminate one possible cause of your problem.

OK Brendan,
you may be a genius!
I’m not sure but I’ll nominate you the next time the award comes up.

Thanks,

Mark

Ha…Ha…:laughing: there are plenty out there would disagree with that… (myself included)…

Just interested though…does that mean you got it sorted…I hope so :+1:

It certainly appears so. I tested it in each quadrant (NSEW), and the scope stays within the dome’s aperture.
Who’d have thought?

Thanks Brendan,
Mark