Dome Failed To Open - V 327

The dome did not open, resulting in autofocus looking at the inside of the dome. The telescope had moved to the correct position and the dome slewed (closed) to the correct position. The log area of interest is around 19:00:00:

Everything else seemed to work ok but I had to fuss around to get the sequence running again. The new drop-down to center the scope worked fine.

Regards,
Kent

I’ll need to add something else here to compensate for this… What happened here is that the dome and scope are synced, but are not parked. Sequence start does issue a command to open the shutter, but is seemingly dependent on the mount and dome being parked to do so. I don’t think this will take long to fix, but can be avoided by making sure mount and dome are parked before starting.

Hi Ken,

I've had this happen in the past so a fix is very much appreciated.

When I run the sequence, the mount (AP V2 ASCOM Driver)
automatically unparks but does not track. I don’t know how to
disable that so I’ll just go repark it at an opportune point until
your fix is in place.

Thanks,
Kent

I do have this fixed and will release a new beta this evening (CDT).

My gosh, you’re fast!

Thanks,
Kent

This problem has happened to me the last several versions so I guess it’s not fixed. I’m using version 395. Log at:

The dome didn’t open so I aborted the auto-focus whereupon SGP tried to center the target. I attempted abort of centering but SGP was hung taking about 40% of CPU. I had to ctrl-alt-delete kill it. I restarted SGP and ran the sequence after manually opening the dome from within SGP. Tthings then went ok.

The mount was unparked but not tracking while waiting for the start time.

Regards,
Kent

Im not sure about this one. By all (other) accounts it is indeed fixed. I’m not claiming that there is nothing wrong here, but I can see from your logs, that:

• Your dome connects successfully
  • SGPro is successful in slaving it to the telescope
  • SGPro is very chatty with the dome. It asks it to do lots of stuff and there are no complaints from the dome.

We would need your dome’s logs to investigate further.

Shouldn’t the log also show a request to open the dome? I didn’t see
it there. It looks like it just started slaving after connecting but
without opening. This used to work.

Kent

OK. Hold off on other logs. I have modified part of initial startup to ensure that observatory startup is more reliable. This will be in versions greater than 3.1.0.399.

Hi Ken,

Looks like it’s fixed. Thanks!

Kent