Dome Unexpected Movement

For the most part the dome works properly. If I use Stellarium to slew the scope it will follow and align correctly with the dome slit, after the slew is complete. But each time I slew to the Heart Nebula (shows an Az of 52 in SGP) I have an issue.

It does the slew as expected (CW) but right after the dome gets to the correct position (for the slit to align) about 2 seconds later it does a 360 rotation, in the opposite direction, all on its own back around to where it was before to Az of 52??

So far this only happens when slewing to the Heart Nebula?

Oh yes, IOT get to the Heart Nebula the dome is going (CW) by the “Home” position on its way to the Heart - don’t know if that has any bearing?

Any ideas?

What is the location of the heart relative to the pole when this happens? Is it below the pole or above it?

Thanks,
Jared

Now that you mention it the Heart was pretty much at the same elevation as Polaris.

Any other input as to why/how to resolve this problem?

It seems like it’s an issue with slaving inside of SGP for certain users, primarily when a slew is issued to the telescope it seems there are some problems there with the dome moving to the wrong place.

If you’re not having issues then you’re probably ok. I’m not sure what combination of things causes issues at the moment.

Thanks,
Jared