Download Image after Abort or Sequence Fail?

Hey is there any chance that we might one day be given the opportunity to keep an image even if the sequence has to be aborted or fails during the sequence?

There have been a lot of times where I was on the last minute or two of a 30 minute exposure and had clouds roll in or some other issue that caused the sequence to abort or be stopped. The result is a loss of all that accumulated data.

It would be nice to have the ability to keep the 28 good minutes that I got rather than just losing all that data because the sequence failed.

Just a thought!

Short answer is “maybe, maybe not”. Not all cameras support this behavior. Most are such that after an image is started and we abort that we don’t have the option to then request that image from the camera as the camera has destroyed it. So we’d essentially be left with the option to “cancel after image complete” which could be a little worrisome.

Other cameras this would be possible and then you’d have an image that may or may not integrate well with the others, depending on how far along the process that image was. So unfortunately the best answer I can give you is “maybe.”

Thanks,
Jared

That’s fair enough.

I appreciate it. Just a thought.

Sean

Very timely for me as I lost a 30 min Ha frame at 28 mins this very evening.

It’s such a sinking feeling to see this stupid cloud coming your way and your praying you beat the clock only to get one minute away and the PHD starts blinking red screen. I’ve even jumped between stars trying to keep guiding going to finish the sub.

Once in a while I win but a lot of times I lose the image. It’s demoralizing!!

Yup. “Been there, done that!”