DSI-IV Color CMOS Issues

Has anyone tried this camera with SGP? its connects fine through ascom usuing MeadeCam ascom driver but when I try and take a picture it fails and says Frame and Focus Failed cannot retrieve picture. Cooling works.

Camera works with APT and the proprietary software that comes with it but I am having issues with SGP. I had it working at one point messing around with the USB speeds but I cannot seem to get it working anymore. Any help with be appreciated.

If you can send us the SGPro logs, we can take a look and see what the camera is complaining about. You can access the log files from the “Help” menu in SGPro

sg_logfile_20191111153637.txt (23.6 KB)

As requested, I would love to purchase this software but I need to get it working with what I have to make it useful.

@Steven_Flanagan

Yes, this compatibility issue has been addressed in the latest 3.1 beta. You can get it here (you can use the beta as a trial): http://www.mainsequencesoftware.com/Releases

Well good news is, it doesn’t give me the error anymore but now it hangs at downloading image and i can’t even abort the image download.
Logs below.
sg_logfile_20191111161449 log 2.txt (14.7 KB)

I’m unsure of what to make of that last log. I’m not sure if you are familiar with ASCOM drivers or not (doesn’t really matter), but the documentation states that we should wait for the camera to report that it is ready to download an image by monitoring a property named ImageReady. At this point, you can access the image data. I can assure you we do this and absolutely 100% do not attempt to read data until the camera reports it is ready. Nonetheless, the camera driver is reporting that we attempt to access the data before it is ready.

The only thing I can think of is that the image data is “almost ready” and not “actually ready” by the time SGPro tries to access it.

Thanks for the reply, I feel like you are right. I remember accessing a setting in windows to try and slow the USB speed down and I got pictures to go through. Off an older version. I’m trying to figure out if this is a Meade issue or not.

Just an update here, Meade finally forked over a Beta driver for DSI-IV and i can finally access the settings to the camera in SGP. Still had issues with the image not downloading from the camera so I rolled back to your official release and I can now get pictures from the Camera ( although it seems to take pretty long to download the images compared to other programs but at least it works). Not sure what fixed the issue but its working!

That is very odd… hope it work out.

Hello! Sorry to hijack the post here but I’m seeing the beta driver you recently received from Meade for the DSi IV color works well in sgpro now?

I am asking this because I can access settings on the DSi IV color but the settings seem rather limited given its using the same sensor the asi1600 color uses. Basically I get a settings menu that has frame rate, black point and gain with gains highest being 100? Normally I would get an ascom box that pops up with settings such as gain, offset and USB limit. Which settings box is popping up on your end? Note I’m also using USB 2.0 though that’s never been a problem with my zwo cameras using USB 3.0 plugged into my laptops 2.0.

Very curious to see what it looks like on your end