Dual Scope and Dithering (again)

Hello,

After finishing my dual scope setup I have been successfully using two instance of SGP to control the acquisitions. As I would like to dither, I firstly wanted to check if there has been any progress in implementing multi camera support with dithering in SGP (or is there any indication on how long it might roughly take)?

Secondly if the answers to the above questions is ‘a long time’ would you have any suggestions on how to tap into a running instance of SGP to determine when an exposure starts? I’m quite happy to write some code to control my second (slave) camera however I’m unsure how best to ascertain when the master camera starts exposing in SGP. The idea is to then start exposing with the slave camera with a slightly reduced exposure time to finish the exposure before the master camera finishes its exposure (I know this will be a big hack but I would be happy to live with it).

I’ve had a look at the API and was thinking maybe I could use the SgGetDeviceStatus command? Would constant polling for this status upset the SGP instance? Or are there any ways to push this information from the ‘master’ SGP instance e.g. run a script etc. (I’e looked at events but it only seems to be possible to run scripts at event start and end but not for every exposure)? Any other ideas e.g. parse the log file (sounds fairly brittle)?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Mike

Any ideas?