Eds_err_not_supported

Hi Everyone,

Just tried to connect my Canon EOS 80D and I get the message EDS_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED although the camera is in manual mode.

Could it be that the camera is not compatible with the current version of SGP?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Just discovered the same issue. The other imaging camera is off to the repair shop for a week or
two. I’ll just have to go manual until it comes back. Can the admin please explain the time frame
required to issue support for the 80D?

I downloaded the 8/30/2017 EOS utility update, and copied the EDSDK.dll and EdsImage.dll files to the SGP program folder. At that point, SGP will connect to the camera and the camera will respond correctly to the ISO and exposure settings in the first event. SGP then shows messages that it is downloading images and displays a pause/dismiss popup. No matter what I input at that point, nothing is actually downloaded, and SGP restarts the sequence from the beginning. It doesn’t continue with event 2. Nothing else to do Alan except wait for the software fix.

Same message with a T7i. Somebody needs to change the supported camera list at the bottom of http://mainsequencesoftware.com/Products/SGPro to reflect the problem with newer Canon models

Compatible with ASCOM (QHY, Atik, Apogee, StarlightXpress and others), SBIG, QSI, FLI, Nikon and Canon EOS Cameras (DIGIC III and up)

Having same problem with my T6. Getting the same error message.

Just wondering, if anyone has a 5DS, is it supported in SGP?