Jared and Ken,
I’ve come across a crash in SGP.
Elbrus failed to solve an image and SGP terminated with a crash pop-up.
- Open sequence file (test_1.sgf)
- Open “Target Settings”
- Under “Reference Data”, click “Browse” and select “M-51_light_0001.fit”
- Press “Solve Blind” to see a successful solve via local astrometery.net server
- Press “Solve” to see Elbrus solve failure and subsequent crash
Sequence File: http://www.kor-astro.net/SGP_Support/SGP_1/test_1.sgf
Image File: http://www.kor-astro.net/SGP_Support/SGP_1/M-51_light_0001.fit
Crash Details: http://www.kor-astro.net/SGP_Support/SGP_1/crash_details.txt
My Elbrus solver has been failing for a while but the local astrometry.net failover works so well that I have been ignoring the failures. I decided to fix it this morning and ran into the reported crash. Since I am not currently hooked up to the camera and mount (and it’s daylight out there…) I used the reference image to attempt the plate solve. This led to the crash described above.
Note that SGP does not seem to crash during the “Center Target” procedure when I am live and imaging.
When I open the sequence, open the image, right click on the image and plate solve from there, I get a pop-up that says “Failed to plate solve image! The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))”
I will continue to troubleshoot Elbrus today and re-install it if necessary. I suspect that when I get Elbrus solving again (I know it used to–just not sure when it quit) the crash will go away. I thought you might want to know about it, though. This is all of the information that I can think of to include. If you need anything else, let me know.
Thanks - Shane