"End of stream encountered" read error

I have frequently been encountering a failure opening a previously saved sequence and getting the error message “End of stream encountered before parsing is complete” (Win10; 3.0.1.0). This is especially disturbing after a creating a complex sequence. I have tried moving the profiles directory to different disks, and periodically saving a sequence under different filenames, but the problem will crop up again, and none of the various filenames I used can be opened. If this is a file corruption issue, what is the most likely cause, how can I prevent it, and is there possibly a way to “repair” the file so I can at least load most of the targets and events and not have to start from scratch.

I know little about the internals of SGP, but – I do program using .NET every day. That sounds exactly like a file corruption issue to me. Or, at least – a corrupted stream, which may not mean the file itself. Once you get that error, have you tried again with the same file? (Possibly after shutting SGP down and restarting or rebooting?)

Thanks for the reply Jinzai.
I’ve pretty much tried every way to open the files within SGP, even copied them to another machine where they could not be opened.
This problem first appeared when I switched to my new Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 mini desktop. Our dark site WiFi has restricted bandwidth so I’ve brought the computer home and found numerous system and win10 updates needing installation.
I’ll check on updates for the .NET framework or just reinstall it.