EQMOD and SGP Solve & Sync doesn't succeed

Hi.

After I have reset my pc and reloaded all the software back on, SGP is able to platesolve but it apparently doesn’t sync with the EQMOD or EQMOD doesn’t update its aiming coordinates to the platesolved coordinates. I am using dialogue based syncing and am clearing sync history and it just doesn’t work.

Would you have any suggestions? I am in the field with very little internet connectivity.

Thanks a lot.

Farzad

What position is your telescope in when you turn it on? If I recall correctly, EQASCOM refuses to sync if the new position is over 40 or 45 degrees off. E.g. EQ6 assumes that the telescope is pointing north with the counterweight bar down when you turn it on. If it is in a very different position, sync requests might get refused.

Thanks, Naavis.

Definitely when I first get started the scope is in home position. And then I slew it to an approximate location where I plan on imaging so that I can platesolve, slew to target, center, etc.

Farzad

there is a whole section in the help files of SGP about EQMOD and the necessary settings.

Also, check the coordinates in the eqmod driver , I vaguely remember this problem . Somehow the Lat/Long settings got messed up. At one point it thought I was in the Southern Hemi.

Hope this helps.

I’ll give those a try tonight. Thanks.

Hi, I am using Eqmod NEQ6 and so far appears to work okay. Check all settings on Eqmod , pointing
Etc There are several ways people have suggested pier side etc. Only thing I have yet to test is Meridian flip. Good luck.