Error loading plans and profiles - end of stream encountered

Error loading sequence (End of Stream encountered before parsing was completed)

I get this issue quite frequently with my saved plans and profiles. Not sure if it is somehow connected to Onedrive, but the attached is an example plan which worked perfectly 2 nights ago but cannot now be opened:

James, I’ve had the same error and lost one of my most extensive sequences as a result. I was told to change my SGP settings to not automatically open with the most recently used sequence upon startup, and then pick the sequence to load manually, to possible recover my sequence (it did not). For me, this happened between backups so I lost it entirely. Until they figure out what causes this, I’d backup frequently.

Terri

Thanks, that is what I have been doing. I would recover through Onedrive version history but SGP seems to save the files very frequently and often appears to corrupt all 30 copies in a matter of minutes. I guess when the sequence is running it is saving progress very frequently…

Thanks, that is what I have been doing. I would recover through Onedrive version history but SGP seems to save the files very frequently and often appears to corrupt all 30 copies in a matter of minutes. I guess when the sequence is running it is saving progress very frequently…

Thanks James, you’ve solved a mystery for me… I didn’t realize the tool updated saved sequences by itself, and that’s likely why I ended up loosing my sequence when I came up with the error… because I was pretty sure I was careful not to save it, but that didn’t matter if it is being auto-saved…

When I backed up, I was backing up manually, and copying the whole directory. So maybe that might be a safer way to back up until they figure out this anomaly.

I have disabled the automatic plan save and will manually save on my terms. I think I will only risk losing my progress with this approach.

When manually saving I have occasionally seen a save error (to profiles and plans) which seems to preempt the end of stream issue. If it isn’t auto saving every n seconds/minutes then I hope that will dramatically cut the chances of this happening. The reduced save frequency will also give me a better chance of recovering a previous version from Onedrive.

Can we get some attention here from SGP coders please?

I looked at my settings, I do NOT have automatic update enabled. But I have another profile that just went bad. What seems to happen, is that for some reason the sequence looses its connection to the equipment profile. So my sequence comes up and says “no equipment profile” in the header. It happened again this last weekend when out imaging. All the data was there, so I just continued as is and did my imaging. When completed, I did an apply profile to sequence (to get my equipment profile again attached to my sequence). This seemed to work fine, I then saved my sequence without error. The next time I opened my sequence, it’s shows the end of stream encountered error, and loosing all information on the sequence!
Can you guys look at this for what might be going on??

Yes, we’ve been trying to determine the cause of this for a while. We’ll probably have to change the file format to completely address it. I doubt it’s OneDrive. It generally seems to be caused when SGP shuts down incorrectly and is in the middle of writing the sequence file. Thus disabling auto save tends to address it.

Thanks,
Jared

Hi Jared, I had checked for autosave and it was not enabled on my system install, so I’m not sure it’s the cause of the failures and I’ve still gotten the issue. One thing I’ll note is that this corruption has only happened on sequences where I’ve done an apply profile to sequence. I did this when I noticed a profile no longer has an equipment profile (per the header) but didn’t realize it was only a cosmetic issue. I’m wondering if this is causing some corruption. I’ve stopped doing the apply profile to sequence and have not had a corrupted sequence since. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.