I set up my ‘observatory’ laptop with my outside (the observatory) small scope with a guide camera and main camera. I connected the main camera and the scope (ASCOM EQMOD) - and also PHD2 with guide camera. Test guide image was fine. When I did a ‘frame and focus’ the main camera image was effectively interlaced (its not supposed to happen). I couldn’t find anything wrong with settings. I disconnected the camera (SGP) and then unplugged the camera from the USB, waited a few seconds, and then reconnected. Verified OK in ‘device driver’. I clicked ‘connect’ in SGP.
Problem! It said ‘trying to connect’ (or similar). but that was the end of the session. Nothing would work. Couldn’t close anything. After several fruitless minutes I had to force closure via ‘task manager’ and do a laptop restart.
The error message about the camera connection seems to have halted the program and refused to acknowledge any further entries.
I have tried to find a logfile for the episode but cannot find any log files or even settings for their location. No mention in the help file (that I could find).
I re-ran all the software. SGP entered a ‘new’ mode with no image display. I was able to conect the camera and take a f&f image but it would not display. I found the image in the correct place and it was normal but there was no option anywhere to bring back the image display.
Eventually I closed the program and restarted it. It started normally. Then the clouds intervened for the night so I packed up.
The road is long…