Error Msg - Negative Index

I more than often get the following error message:
ERROR in the ReflectDataModel: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Can anyone decipher this message and indicate what I am doing wrong?

Can you share the sequence or profile that you’re using? Also the SGP log would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jared

I should have been more scientific when collecting the data. I have been running 2 sequences per night for about seven straight days so I don’t recall which one(s) caused the error. I do recall it was from previously run sequences that I was running again. I use a set of sequences that are just a star so I can sync my mount with the sky before starting the nights sequences. It has occurred with some of them and with previous sequences.

Sorry I can’t be as definitive with the data at this time but if and when it happens again I will save the sequence and log.

A local colleague indicated that it has occurred with him but he hasn’t seen it while using the 3.0 beta.

John Kutney

I found the log which I have attached that indicated the negative index:

sg_logfile_20180125202601.txt (20.3 KB)

I also found one of the sgf files that has this issue which is attached.

Sorry for the disconnected e-mails

JK

Forum will not allow me to upload the sgp file
I can send to your e-mail

Got it, thanks. The sequence appears to be missing targets and events completely which is causing the issue. Do you happen to know how this sequence was created and did you remove the targets completely? I’ve fixed the issue but for now you’ll need to rebuild that sequence.

Thanks,
Jared

The issue to me is how it got to that state. I had completed the sequence and wanted to save it for future use.
I reset the sequence and did a “save as” but as you can see the results are nil.
I will reread the manual on saving files and hope to see what I may be doing wrong.
Thanks

One other possible factor is that I used the Mosaic wizard to setup the sequence but only used one(1) frame in the actual sequence. Could the index be referring to the “mosaic” index?

Ya, that’s kind of what I’m wondering as well. There are no targets in the sequence that you sent and we’re trying to get some data off of the first target, thus the error. I’ll have to try and duplicate this.

Thanks,
Jared

I am new to SGP and am getting this error continually. It crashes SGP. I have simplified my set up using only a Canon Camera (60Da), no filter, no focuser, and no telescope. I only set up one target and try to execute one event of three exposures. No luck.

Could this be a system problem not related to SGP? I am running Windows 10

Very frustrated and don’t know what to try next

Please create a support ticket so we can be of assistance:

Thank you,
Jared

Hi Jared

I created a topic as you suggested. I do not have a Dropbox account and was not able to upload the logs so I have attached them here. Sorry for the inconvenience. Is there another way to do this?

I isolated the problem fairly narrowly. Seems to be Canon 60Da related as my ZWO ASI works fine with the same settings

Thank you for your help

All the Best,

Joe

img-0.png

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200324144431 ASI GOOD.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200324144927 Canon 60Da No Good.log is missing)

(Attachment sg_logfile_20200324150352 Canon 60 Da No good.log is missing)

Hi Jared

I created a topic as you suggested. I do not have a Dropbox account.I tried to email my logs to you but they were rejected. Is there another way to do this?

I isolated the problem fairly narrowly. Seems to be Canon 60Da related as my ZWO ASI works fine with the same settings

Thank you for your help

All the Best,

Joe

If I recall the issue of negative index was the way I was using my target file. I was treating it as a file rather than a container. Reviewing the instruction on inputting data resolved the issue fo me.
I was not using a legitimate .sgp file as a target image. What helped me to understand the input process was to use an extracted file from Starry Night Observing List and using it as input. This helped me to understand what an input file consisted.