Failed Centering on 3rd Target

Hi Group,
just trying to get a little clarity. Previously this sequence has successfully gotten into the 3rd target (IC5146).
Last night the SGPro log (sg_20190711205922), showed the sequence tried to start IC5146, but for some reason could not center the target.
Time Stamp 00:18:20.959: “Looking at target ic5146…”
Time Stamp 00:20:22.045: “Something has gone wrong when centering the target …”

The PHD2 GuideLog _2019-07-11_211729 ends around that time without comment.

I suspect the eastward location of IC5146 may have put it behind some tree branches, but not having been there, this is just a guess.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Mark

I retraced the path of the target and found only clear sky around midnight when the failure occurred - i.e. no trees.
To my untrained eye I also do not seen evidence of clouds.

Mark

Looks like your mount threw an exception when we attempted to sync it and since recovery was’t active SGP aborted:

[07/12/19 00:20:10.609][DEBUG] [Telescope Thread] ASCOM Telescope: Error in Sync : SyncToTarget failed. (ASCOM.InvalidOperationException: SyncToTarget failed.
   at ASCOM.iOptron2017.Telescope.SyncToTarget()
   at ASCOM.iOptron2017.Telescope.SyncToCoordinates(Double RightAscension, Double Declination))
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 543
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.MethodTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 678
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 422
   at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Telescope.SyncToCoordinates(Double RightAscension, Double Declination) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Telescope.cs:line 1135
   at qy.j2(Double A_0, Double A_1, Boolean A_2)
[07/12/19 00:20:22.045][DEBUG] [Sequence Thread] Something has gone wrong when centering the target, but recovery mode is NOT active!

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared,
would the next logical place to find the cause be:
a) ASCOM Platform?
b) iOptron driver?
c) iOptron Firmware?

Thanks,
Mark

I would look at the logs coming from the iOptron driver. Does this happen frequently or is this just once out of 100 times? Could have been a cable got pulled tight, power drop, etc. Lots of options unfortunately.

Thanks,
Jared