Failing to platesolve after meridian flip

I have a AZ EQ6 GT mount running eqmod. I’m using platesolve 2 . When it comes to the meridian flip, it platesolves before the flip and then does the flip and tries to platesolve again but then it goes into spiral search to try and platesolve. It just searches and searches with no luck of platesolveing. If however, I cancel the platesolve it goes to blind solve and instantly platesolve with no problem.

Mount settling time is set to 10 secs and I’m running SGpro 2.6.0.23. For blind solve it’s using ansvr.net. I don’t use it as my primary platesolve as I had issues with it not solving and hence why I use platesolve 2 as my primary platesolveing software.
I’ve searched previous threads but can’t find a successful solution

PlateSolve2 should be timing out after 60 seconds or so, it should then
failover to the blind solver assuming you have that setup.

Are you not seeing that behavior?

Thanks,

Jared Wellman
Co-Founder and Developer

www.mainsequencesoftware.com

No it’s not doing that. I’ve left it several minutes while it tries to platesolve but then I have to manually cancel it for it to go into blind solve. I know before when I had a problem with platesolve it would try for 2 mins then go to blind solve automatically. I expected the same to happen with the meridian flip but it seems to just keep on searching so I have to manually cancel it

That happened to me a few times and I discovered that for whatever reason the angle and the pixel scale were not picked up in the image capture during the meridian flip sequence. I just stopped it and did a manual right click to center and it got right on target.

Not sure why but it worked.