Failure - 'Reference Frame does not exist'

That’s currently not possible. I would setup PS2 as the main and ANSVR as the backup. PS2 is generally a little faster and if it fails ANSVR will almost always solve it (if setup properly and the image isn’t of the ground :slight_smile: ).

Thanks,
Jared

Thanks Jared. Any chance there are recommended settings for PS2? It wont solve either, pretty sure I left default settings for it

You may also find ANSVR local is about as fast as PS2 and then you never have a second attempt to solve because the PS2 failed. My experience is when PS2 fails it takes about 2 minutes to do so. I set my ANSVR to a max of 60 seconds with scale error = 2% and Downsample factor = 2 and Epoch = J2000, all other fields blank. This gives me average solve times of 7 seconds, quite fast. It always solves unless the image is bogus. If you set scale error = 2%, be sure you have an accurate scale entered in SGP or it won’t solve. I think using a low number like 2% is the key to making it solve really fast. I have found no benefit to using PS2 at all.

PS2 won’t solve unless the scale is just right and the hints are very close. After a successful ANSVR solve, check the scale it reports and make sure it matches the scale you have for the camera in your equipment profile.

Typically if the target is completely out of my image frame, PS2 won’t solve it. However, I always have PS2 as the primary and ANSVR as the failover. If my GOTO alignment isn’t great (and I don’t put a lot of effort into making it great) PS2 will fail on the first image, but will solve on the next one after the fine slew.

When PS2 solves, it solves almost instantly. That’s why I keep it as the primary. ANSVR can take as much as 10 seconds (still great, but not “instant”) so for me the optimal setup is to use both. I have found that if PS2 doesn’t solve instantly, it won’t solve at all. It can take it some time to go through all of the regions, only to fail in the end. So, I set the max regions to 100. This forces PS2 to fail very quickly when it is destined to fail anyway.

Tim

Excellent suggestion for the config, will give that a try.

Thanks. My reason for wanting PS2 operational is to have a bit of redundancy should ANSVR go on the blink but I do understand what you mean.