Fault finding fast scope movement

I have noticed that when centring the scope on a target, the first slew - to the actual target - is fairly fast but OK. I have the scope hand-box set to this value.

After this first slew and solve there is a correction slew. Unfortunately this is a little fast and likely to overshoot the small corrections needed. I have been looking into the control panel etc to identify the settings. To my surprise I found that although the control panel shows the correct setting of focal length (for the f2 configuration) of 560mm, when I check the ‘celestron setup’ tab on the same panel, this now shows 2350mm focal length. This latter is the scope’s native focal length. Are these two settings compatible? I have reset the nudge speed to 02 instead of 0.5, hoping that this is the setting for the second (correction) slew.

Can anyone confirm this?

TIA

Lawrence Harris

The nudge speeds have nothing to do with slews. We actually have no control of slew speed when asking the scope to slew. We simply tell the scope where to go and everything else is up to the mount.

Thanks,
Jared

I fully understand that. That’s why I asked whether the nudge speed is the speed used for corrections only. I should have (probably) said ‘correction nudge’ (and not correction slew).

Lawrence :blush: