First Night problems

Hi Ken and colleagues, just wondered if you had had time to look at the Dome log and if anything showed up as to what caused the “hanging” problem?

Regards
alcol

@alcol

Would you say that the dome logs above correlate to this log file you provided?

I am a little confused here. The dome logs do not show any error (doesn’t mean anything really)… furthermore the error of choice in that SGPro log file is:

[05/23/17 22:06:37.384][DEBUG] [CP Update Thread] Dome: Caught exception while updating status: CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.Pulsar_Observatories_Dome.Dome Slewing Get System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

In the dome logs, I don’t see a single query for fetching slew status.

At this point we would probably need to loop the driver author in to figure out what is going on. Are you in contact?

Hi Ken
I thought the logs related to each other,but not sure of this as it is retching my technical ability
I am currently close to me laptop, what next?
Alec

I don’t have any other suggestions… My ability to diagnose is limited to the events I can see in logs. To me, the logs you provided make everything look fine, BUT, they unfortunately don’t show when clients ask for “slewing”… so good or bad, I cannot correlate what is happening. The next step will likely be for you to contact the support crew at Pulsar and see if everyone can try and figure out what is going on.

I have sent them an email and a chase up and I am awaiting a response. I have used SGPro a couple of times since I raised the issue with you with the Dome being slaved to the mount utilising POTH and it has worked fine - including a meridian flip!. So unless anything else is suggested I will continue with this approach - not ideal, but it seems to work

Hi everyone

Positive outcome, don’t ask me how.

Pulsar technical expertise got back to me and I was given a link to download the Pulsar-Client-Set Up to update the dome control unit. Also told to uninstall the Ascom dome drivers and download another one from a link provided. I downloaded the software and have used SGPro 4 times since and have had no problem with the interaction between SGPro and the dome operation.

POTH has been discarded and the dome interacts directly with SGPro and it has worked a treat.

Thanks again for your help.
alcol