FITs header and FLI camera

Something a little odd. With my FLI 16200 Microline camera, the FITS header in SGPro shows as scale size in Micron : 6.000E-06. That seems wrong : it should just show 6 if the measure is in Microns. It seems to show the measure in meters.
Is this an issue with SGP possibly or FLI ?

I have an FLI 11002m and my fits headers are the same as what you are seeing. My sbig 8300m shows 5.4 with no exponential. My guess is that it is unique to the fli driver and it’s not a big deal, since 10 ^-06 is correct.

Where it does seem to be affecting me is on a new modelling program for the 10 Micron mount. According to the developer, that exponential notation in the header is messing up the plate solving with SGP for his software modelling program. I haven’t been able to explore that due to weather. Other than that, it has not affected any of my other programs. My old modelling program developed by Per Frejvall works fine with maxim for plate solving and the FLI camera.

As it happens, I have a 10Micron on the way. Does it affect ModelWizzard also ? In any way, if it can be easily addressed within Sgpro that could be a better solution in the long run.

Assuming this behavior is consistent across all FLI cameras, I have modified this to write um. I don’t have any FLI gear handy right now…

I’ve tried MWizzard, and it worked fine for plate solving, but you do have to go with all that Python stuff. Michel is working with an easier to use revision and it should be out soon. ModelCreator is the other modelling program that I have not been able to get plate solving to work. I’ve written to Pogo about this as I appear to be the only one having this problem. He is concerned with the exponential notation that FLI seems to generate in the header. Until weather clears, I won’t be able to try out his latest suggestion (revision).

So I think you will be fine with MW and it has a lot of neat features and was designed to integrate with SGP. Did you get an Mbox or StickStation for atmospherics? If you plan on using unguided on 10u for shorter f/l scopes, it really is necessary. Otherwise, you’ll have to enter the information via the hand controller. For guided operations on the 10u, I’ve had very good luck with SGP, PHD2, and IF ONAG,

Good luck with the 10 Micron mount, I think you’ll really enjoy it…Gunny

Thank you both.
-Ken, for considering making this change
-Gunny, I have a MBox as I plan to do unguided. Model creator seems much more user friendly at this stage. I will consider model wizard once more experienced.