Focus reminders (manual focus)?

I have a WO Redcat scope, which requires manual focus. I do not seem to be able to set auto focus reminders (using an environmental device as the temperature source) without a focuser device connected. When I hit run, the sequence refuses to continue, telling me to connect a focuser.

Ordinarily, my focuser module supplies the ambient temperature - so I switched to my weatherstick. I think the sequencer logic should work in this configuration.

It should probably, but I don’t think that code has been touched in such a long time that the environment device likely did not exist as a temperature source. 435 attempts to do this, but, full disclosure, I have not had time to properly test these changes. I am confident, however, that they won’t make anything worse… those focus reminders are pretty well isolated.

Ken - for info, my focus system is fortunate in that the temperature sensor is exposed near the motor but others have their sensor buried in the focuser module enclosure. These do not track ambient so well and are affected by local heating. Having the option to use an external sensor is a useful feature for some.

Ken, if you are ever looking at this code - I should mention too that if focus reminders are enabled (but no other focus-related items are), a sequence will not run from scratch and falls over, asking for a focuser to be connected.
If you hit Tools/Connect All Equipment first and then hit run the sequence, all is fine.

Closing due to inactivity. If this is still an issue, please send the requested information and “uncheck” this thread as solved.

Thanks!

Hi Buzz, I recommend putting in a feature request. Below is the link where you can do that.

Regards,
Molly

Molly - this is not a feature request but a report of an anomaly. Ordinarily it would be closed once the issue was acknowledged and either discounted or put onto a todo list.