Focuser recomendation

I ‘was’ a proud owner (it’s broken) of a NGF-XTnM with all the bells and whistles, HC, PC Control, DRO, Smart Focus etc. It was great in FireCapture and stand alone PC control. It was tight and accurate, but for the Sequence Generator Pro requirements of an absolute focuser. Using SGP auto-focus routine I get errors in movement accuracy. The NGF-XTnM is a rack and pinion focuser and seems to not move with the needed accuracy.

So, I think it’s pretty dead in the water and I don’t intend to replace the actual focuser but rather insert a new motorized focuser into the JMI draw tube. I’d like something that works great with SGP, FireCapture and is ASCOM compliant for total PC control. I really want unattended SGP operations with continual refocus throughout the night. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I like the Regial Systems focuses,the nSTEP Motor stepping system. I have three of these, one on my Explore Scientific ES102, another on my Celestron HD11, and the third on my Celestron 8-SCT. All work great and they have ASCOM drivers and work well with SGPro.

Just my opinion,
Mark

Regial Systems???

Boy did I mess that up, :hushed: It’s Rigel Systems.
Here’s the link, http://rigel.datacorner.com/rigelsys/rigelsys.html

Sorry about that,
Mark

I have one on my Explore Scientific 102 as well and I’m quite pleased with the Rigel.

Chris

Thanks folks, I realized that a bout a year or so back I was Leon Palmer @ Rigel Systems for a custom fit to my JMI! :smiley:

A couple days ago I installed a Moonlight Nightcrawler focuser/rotator. The install was painless and it has worked perfectly with SGP on both nights since. It is not cheap but the design, accuracy, fit and finish, and ease of use are outstanding.