Wednesday night was the first night with any clear weather since 188.8.131.52 was released and I had a short window of about an hour early on to test the new auto-focus. I think my results should not be considered as very reliable since 1) clouds kept drifting by, and 2) the collimation on my RC12 is really poor. Anyway, here they are:
Focus routines seemed to be finding stars very reliably and consistently, on both the RC12 and my SV102 mm refractor.
Results were very comparable to earlier releases. I set the minimum star size to 4. Clouds did not allow me time to try other settings. I did 5-6 runs on each scope. The refractor V curves were excellent. The RC12 curves were some good, some fair, very much like versions going back several months.
I did not try a focus range large enough on the RC12 to produce donuts because of the poor collimation.
I can post the focus packs if you want them, but I don’t think they will be of much use.